Sunday, February 8, 2009

Byzantine

Since I'm still out of thick wires, I thought this is a good time to try a round of all the chainmaille weaves I've learned so far with 18 or smaller gauge wires. Here is the first weave I learned, Byzantine.

About a year ago when I saw this weave for the first time, I thought it's pretty but too much for me to tackle. I downloaded a tutorial but could never get thru more than 3 steps, very depressing, imagine this was listed as a beginner weave ...

But not until I read more about it, went thru more than a dozen tutorials, YouTube videos, and books, the light bulb finally came on. Yes, I'd say this sure is a beginner weave, now I can do it while watching TV! This dainty bracelet was made of 18 ga SS wire, AR is 3, too small for the traditional 2-connector, so I went with 1-connector. Used about 6' of wire, final length 7". Oh, and the clasp is 14 ga SS, a test piece from a few years back.

More images here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~