Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Spring Green Necklace

A necklace matching the Spring Green earrings. Same basic techniques, except with heavier gauge wires, plus a little of Eni's Mosaic Pendant. I also slightly modified the thin wire wrapping from straight across to intermittantly right on the frame; the overall wrapping seems sturdier this way, although not as smooth as the original design. I also made the 2 spiral beads and the clasp.

The added bonus: It doubles as an eyeglass holder!

Materials:
6" of 16ga SS for base, 2.5' of 26ga & 2' of 28ga SS for wrapping, 18" commercial SS chain, glass and silver beads, handmade spiral beads, jump rings, and clasp.

UPDATE, 12/6/2008:
Here's something to keep Angie company:-)

I made 2 changes:

~ The long wraps on top half of the armature was broken into two sections to help blend the beads and the wraps.

~ All the dangles were fat-wrapped to add to the randomness and asymmetrical design.

More images here.

4 comments:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~