Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chainmaille Donut

Since the anodizer is still totally taking over my kitchen counter, had to find other ways to get me some food:-)

This started out as a test piece of double Vipera Berus. I first saw this weave by Clever Wench on Maillers Worldwide, and thought it'd be too much for me; then I read her tutorial... Bing! A light bulb moment! What a fun weave! But I didn't have enough rings to make a bracelet; soooo..... after 10 rows, I zipped it up and called it a ..... donut (was so hungry last night)!

Specs:
18 gauge unanodized Nb rings from TRL (SXNO1814), WD 1.2 mm, ID 6.6 mm, AR 5.5, will do for a normal bracelet, bit too tight for this donut; or maybe I should have taken it to 12 rows before zipping it up? The last 2 rings took me forever; you can tell in the pictures, the ones with big gaps ... Oh well, they're locked in, not going anyway now.

So, should I color it, or not? Rainbow sprinkles are my favorite donuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~