Friday, March 5, 2010

Helm Sphere

Helm Sphere is 2 concave Helm circles zipped together. This picture shows one of the Helm circle; copper and brass rings zipped the 2nd circle on the other side. Inside the sphere is a hot pink crystal bead, not really propping up anything (the sphere holds its own shape well enough), just to add color and interests.

I added 2 sets of connector rings to the top and bottom of the sphere; one set is shown in this picture as the horizontal rings right in the center. They are not totally necessary, but make it easier to hang off a chain as a pendant.

Specs:

Rings are all 18 gauge (WD 1.2 mm); the 2 circles are in bright aluminum in 2 sizes: 4.75 mm and 7.4 mm; the stitch rings are copper and jeweler's brass with ID 3 mm; all rings are left over from the mixed metal practice kit by Blue Buddha. The bead inside is 10 mm Swarovski crystal in hot pink with AB. I followed this tutorial from M.A.I.L., a fun one to experiment, and I DID:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~