Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Caterpillar Necklace

Take 2 of the Centipede pattern from The Chain Maille Lady.

This time the rings are smaller AR than my first try, so the crystals stay in place. I skipped the no. 15 seed beads between the crystals; doesn't seem to need them in this necklace; the length of all bicones together is already pushing the maximum outside curve.

As a bracelet, the pattern stays put most of the time. But as a necklace, it doesn't seem to have enough width to remain in one direction. Although at 16.5", it wears more like a choker, which makes it somewhat manageable. I'm not sure about this exact pattern for a long necklace...

Specs:
Rings are E18 in bright aluminum from B3; WD is 1.2 mm, ID is 3.6 mm, AR is 3.1, takes about 26.25 RPI; these rings come in a 500-ring pack for $9.50, so relatively inexpensive for doggie necklace. The crytals are 6 mm Swarovski bicones in 6 colors, 10 of each in Dark Indigo, Jet Hematite 2xAB, Crystal Metallic Blue, Montana, Crystal Medium Vitrail, and Black Diamond 2xAB, for a total of 60 crystals. The colors are not showing well in these pictures; they do sparkle a lot under the sun. As to the toggle, it's recycled from my Orbital bracelet, which is now ready for its "second incarnation" :-) The whole thing took me about 6 hours to finish; not sure why so much more than the first one. Maybe I should try it one more time, for good luck, as Spider would say.

Now I just need a french bulldog to model the necklace ....


1 comment:

  1. Wow !!! What a beauty especially the blinking colors. Did you also make any matching bracelet?

    ReplyDelete

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~