Saturday, January 9, 2010

Full Persian

Sometimes known as Foxtail, an interesting pattern. For the longest time, I thought this is a variation of Boxchain... Silly me.

It's not a difficult weave to learn, given there's tons of info on the web and in books, magazines. But none is as good as the video on The Beading Gem's Journal. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video must be like a terabyte worth of words.

Specs:
Stainless steel rings are from C&T Designs, 18 ga round, 1/4" ID; I measured them at about 1 mm thick, 6.3 mm ID; takes about 20 RPI for this FP 6-in-1. S hook is hand forged from 12 ga Argentium Sterling silver, salvaged from a failed experiment. Being green is a must when it comes to silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~