Friday, February 19, 2010

Dodecahedron

Dodecahedron: A 12-sided solid, with 3 sides meeting at each vertex. I must have slept thru that geometry class ....

In chainmaille terms, we know it as Japanese Ball, and it's not exactly a solid; it's an application of Japanese 5-in-1, can be made with almost any aspect ratios. This is my 2nd experiment using leftover rings from the practice kit. The stuffing is a big Swarovski crystal ball in pink. Look closely, you'll see each of the 12 sides has 3 rings in same inner diameter, but the top ring is one gauge skinner than the bottom 2, just so that the whole thing holds a more stable shape.

This is so addictive; got to make more ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~