Saturday, February 27, 2010

Honey Bees

Honey Bee is weave by Redcrow of Corvuschain; it is in the Helm/Parallel family. Helm is a surprisingly versatile weave; so many variations and most are easily scalable to different aspect ratios.

This bracelet is made with Niobium rings from The Ring Lord; 18 gauge, 1.2 mm, aspect ratio is almost 5.5; slightly bigger than what's in the tutorial. So, instead of 2 rings on each bee's body, I added one more ring. Can you see the bees? I hope so; see the wings, the body, and the antenna, all there! They are sooooo adorable! The clasp is hand forged with 16 gauge Nb wire; I think I may change it to a toggle, might match more to the bee shape. Also check out the color version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~