Thursday, February 25, 2010

GSG

A very comfortable shape to wear on the wrist, GSG (for Great Southern Gathering) is like 2 columns of Half Persian 3-in-1 stacked upward. Like most HP weaves, it's a bit wobbly when starting, but becomes easier once it gets going. I mostly followed the GSG tutorial on CGMaille.com to make this bracelet; once it's past the first 3 units, I realized the pattern of "around-the-eye, thru-the-eye, thru-the-eye, around-the-eye" while alternating left to right and that every "unit" has 6 rings, with the last 2 rings doubled as the first 2 rings of the next unit (I hope I can remember this ....)

Specs:
All materials are unanodized Niobium from The Ring Lord. Rings are 18 gauge, WD 1.2 mm, ID 5.6 mm, AR 4.67. The S hook is hand forged from 16 gauge wire following Scott David Plumlee's book: Handcrafting Chain and Bead Jewelry.  I read this book back to back more times than I can remember, a must-have!!

Since I have an anodizer sitting in my garage, will give it a try in coloring some Nb rings; this should be fun:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog!
Want to drop a note? Have you visited my new blog yet? Please come on by!

"daisykreates2.blogspot.com"

It has all my posts here, plus all the new and exciting pieces that I've created recently. Hope to see you there!!
daisy of ©daisykreates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~